Monday 15 June 2015

Basic tips for taking better instagram photos of objects using your phone

Ok, I'm far from having the best instagram photos. And I have way more to learn. Feel free to add more tips and tricks for doing so.

P/S : Yeah the photos from my previous post aren't that good, but I received a few compliments on my instagram pic (eleh baru sket dah angkat bakul), so perhaps check out my artsy measy website instead at chernonet or my instagram

Anyway here what I have learned so far.

1. Leave the filter off

I used to love to use the instagram filter or whatever filter available in apps. They're sort of like automatically change your photo to the setting that you wish to see (black and white, sephia, etc) but they don't apply necessary well to the photo that you took. So best go manual. Play with the brightness, contrast and saturation instead. Download an app that can do this (I'm sure there are plenty).

I think a lot of ppl would go for Snapseed or VSCOcam and I feel like they provide sort of a this professionnal interface and outlook.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAAahUKEwi29Muhq4rGAhVBK6YKHbASAEE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.niksoftware.snapseed%26hl%3Den&ei=5eh6VfbtCsHWmAWwpYCIBA&usg=AFQjCNEnP8P-W6M0LHfd5156TisN9aNl-w&sig2=WIIET672vyd52T2LOXdCzQ&bvm=bv.95515949,d.dGY  

But I like things simple and straight forward. I usually go for Aviary which if I'm not mistaken exist both for Iphone and Android although their functions might slightly differ depending on the gadjet.

Image result for aviary app
2. Take photo near the window especially for objects

Because natural light is the best and no artifical light can beat the mighty sun. Heh. Most of the light in my house are yellow light and I can't be bothered purchasing a white desk light to make a light box. So I just opt for taking pictures during the day instead.

3. Blank background pops out your object

You ever wonder why people like to take flatlay? What's a flatlay? I just learned that as well. I discovered it while emm instagram hopping (instead of bloghopping), where they take picture from the top and take random objects that arranged it in a beautiful mess (as paradox as it sounds, a mess somehow can be beautiful).

Well most of flatlay were taken on blank background. Use the floor, use white boards, heck use your blanket if you want to (my blankets are decorated, too bad).  Then snap away. How to arrange them? I've seen flatlays where there's an egg and then there's a dress. What does an egg has anything to do with a dress? Apparently as long as the color harmonize, who cares about what picture you are taking.

Again I'm still new at rearranging them to make them look messy yet organized somehow. I enjoy browsing through #duckflatlay where they held a contest for duck scarves (Instagram them to know more).

Well, here's one of my pathethic attempt at taking flatlay.



Stay within these 3 rules, and I think you'll notice the difference.

Happy trying!

0 comments:

Post a Comment